Monday, March 29, 2010

Go Cyber Green project!

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN ON THE FORUM.
go to : www.gocybergreen.org to see other posts.
My Green Hero is none other than my mother. She encourages us to be environmentally friendly as it not only saves the environment but also saves a lot of money. In my family, we practice saving electricity by using the fan instead of the air-conditioner. We only use the air-conditioner when we have parties or when we have guest in the house. Even so, we always make sure that the temperature of the air-conditioner is set at 25°C instead of 18°C. On rainy nights, we do not even need to use the fan or the air-conditioner as we find it cooling at night. If it is a windy day, we have barbecues outside the houes. This way, we not only save electricity but also get to bond as a family. My mother also encourages our family to practice the 3 R's. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. We collect recyclables and throw them into the recycling bins. I also reuse drink cans to make sculptures like butterflies and peacocks. We also reduce the usage of plastic bags when we go shopping as plastics are not biodegradable. I enjoy gardening thanks to my mother. She often tells me that plants play a great role to our survival as the provide us with oxygen. I have learnt to enjoy and appreciate nature and the environment. I hope that my mother would encourage everyone who reads this to be environmentally friendly. She really is a good role model and I admire her.

No comments:

Post a Comment